Combining clean modern lines with a bit of traditional iron makes this a gem. Unique custom door styles draw the eye to the details of this home. The painted smooth finishes compliment the soapstone countertops in bringing the adjoining rooms together for this residence.A home to bring the outdoors into the family energy is a full and heavy request to achieve. The wonderful grounds surrounding this residence demanded that special attention was required to accommodate this homeowner.
The clients envisioned a functional, contemporary and inviting space that included professional-quality appliances to high light the talents of each chef, plenty of storage, and a small desk space. It was imperative that the kitchen function well with either one cook or many.
Large kitchens can be challenging to design – cohesiveness in design and separation of workspaces can feel like conflicting goals. But despite heavy use and lots of activity, this kitchen gracefully keeps family members from getting in each others’ way. The material selections compliment the reflective qualities of the adjacent windows and doors without overpowering and the total effect is fantastic. The owners are ecstatic with the results – which is the greatest reward.
- Custom cabinetry of stainless steel and blue high gloss painted surfaces
- Clear glass inserts
- Wolf, Subzero and Asko appliances
- Franke’ sinks and Dorn-Bracht faucets for main and secondary sink area
- Quartz countertop
- Walnut – hand hewed beams and wide plank walnut floors
- Award winning design – recognized by the Subzero / Wolf kitchen design contest 2015